Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Easter Math Story Problems

Here are some math story problems you can try out today.  Teachers are busy learning new things today so we won't be having our usual school day schedule. 

They start out easy and then get harder! 

Which one is just right for you?

Can you write an Easter story problem and send it to me?

1.  All the people that live in your house each found 3 Easter eggs.  How many did you have altogether?

2. You found 17 eggs and your sibling found 8 eggs.  How many more eggs did you find than them?

3. I found 24 eggs and put them into equal rows.  How many rows did I make?  How many eggs were in each row?  How many solutions can you think of?

4. The Easter bunny left 64 eggs.  How many children could he share these with equally?  How many different combinations can you think of?

5. My Mom has many Easter eggs in her attic.  The number of eggs she has is a 3 digit number.  There is a 7 in the tens place.  The digits add up to 15.  What are the possible numbers of eggs my Mom has in her attic?

6. Six people found 134 eggs.  Nobody found the same number of eggs.  How many eggs could each person could have found?

7. I have a box of Easter Eggs.  I took two-thirds of the eggs out and there were 68.  How many eggs are still in the box?  If I give one-third of the eggs in the box to Mrs. Simmons, how many eggs will I give her?

Which ones could you solve?  Can you write your own?  Send me an email and let me know what you learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment